Wednesday, May 11, 2005

seeking courage

So, I have been reading other Catholic bloggers and I have been slightly surprised to see how many there are out there who are in their 20's and early 30's who feel the same way as me. I have to say I was starting to get a little discouraged, thinking it was mostly just 5 of us young people and a bunch of great elderly people.

I was very encouraged and also chastened. I have been feeling like a real poseur and seeing that I am not alone in what I feel and believe has given me impetus to pursue a more genuine relationship with God than the one I currently have.

However, I'm not sure what that entails, so if anyone can get me in touch with a good Spiritual Director, or give me some tips on how to find one on my own, I'd be grateful.

Remember me in your prayers this Pentecost that the Spirit may infuse me with Courage. I feel that so much more is required of me and I am too afraid to take up my cross. I have gotten comfortable, but I feel pressed to move on.

No comments: