Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Top 10 reasons why I love NFP!

10. I love knowing my basal temperature.
9. Cervical checks are great exercise.
8. I spend quality time with my husband discussing our chart.
7. Never have to use a condom.
6. No icky pills to forget to take every day.
5. My marriage is less likely to fail than if I were contracepting.
4. Less risk of heart attack and breast cancer than if I were contracepting.
3. My husband takes equal responsibility to me regarding the size of our family.
2. I am not living in a constant state of Mortal Sin.
1. My husband and I are acting within God's plan for us.

I guess numbers 1 and 2 are the same thing. Even better that they got 2 spots on the top 10.

Go here for more information on Natural Family Planning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I found you through a blog of a blog of a blog. I'm Catholic with 4 children and stared using NFP only 3 years ago. It changed our lives in a pretty big way, mostly in how it's brought about sanctification in our lives. We've had to ask all the hard questions.

Anyway, won't bore you with the details, but wanted to let you know I enjoyed the post.

Peace!

Anonymous said...

Funny, I never really thought about it, but it is *fun* to be a science project. Do I love NFP? No, but the life-affirming philosophy changes your mind set so much that I could never consider contracepting as an alternative.

How can you expect fidelity if you don't have complete trust?