Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Name is Yu Ming

Well actually, my name is Amy, but "My Name is Yu Ming" is a short film that Scott and I saw on TV a few months ago. See, living in the Metro NY area, I get NYCtv on my cable and they have a program called The Short List that runs short films for about a half hour. We caught this wonderful little film again last night and I just have to share.

My Name is Yu Ming is a film about a Chinese shopworker who learns Gaelic in getting ready to move to ireland. He gets into Dublin only to find that no one there speaks Gaelic. It's really just delightful. If the embed for whatever reason doesn't work, follow the link at the beginning of this paragraph and you can watch it there.

And Scott says he's never done the Raging Bull "You talkin' to me?" conversation with himself in the mirror like I see so many guys in movies do.


No comments: