My girl Aimee tagged me, so here we go:
1. Where/How did you meet? we met one night when a bunch of us were in Steve Smugeresky's room watching a movie (I honestly think it was "The Little Rascals" remake. Wild partiers we were!). Smugs introduced Scott as "Gigs," his baseball nickname. Scott has absolutely no recollection of meeting me that night (He pleads that it's 'cause it was dark in the room and he couldn't see me. Whatever.)
I thought he might not remember me though because next day when i saw him on campus and said hi, he looked at Pat Rupee and shrugged. Later, we both became RAs at schoool and met at a dance (Tucker Underground deserves its own post...another time). we stayed up all night together in the 24 hour lounge. And he hasn't been able to get rid of me yet. ;)
2. How long have you known each other?: 12 years in October
3. How long after you met did you start dating?: If you go by the day he met me and didn't remember it, 6 months. If you go by the time he does remember meeting me: 6 weeks.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?: about 3 years
5. How long was your engagement?: 14 months
6. How long have you been married?: 7 years
7. What is your anniversary?: March 4th
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: about 110
9. What kind of cake did you serve?: Marble cake with butter cream icing. It was served with berries. Not that we got to eat any of it besides what we fed each other-no cake smashed in face! I threatened an annulment if he did it.
10. Where was your wedding?: North Hills, PA, at Queen of Peace Parish ; recpetion at LuLu Country Club, where my mom was working at the time.
11. What did you serve for your meal?: I think there was beef and chircken and maybe salmon. I can't remember. I did make sure I ate, though. We paid for the whole thing ourselves and I wasn't going to my own party without eating the dinner!
12. How many people were in your bridal party?: 3 groomsmen, 2 bridesmaids, 1 jr. bridesmaid and a bridesman!
13. Are you still friends with them all?: Yes.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?: He got a little misty.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?:Walking down the aisle with my dad.
16. Any funny moments?: Hmmmm...a girl I worked with got pretty ripped on the open bar. i didn't hear about it till after though...It was her first date with the guy she brought too. I don't think he ever called her again. Let that serve as a lesson to all the single girls in the house: a. Don't bring a guy to a wedding on the 1st date. B. Don't get so drunk on the first date that he has to carry you into the car.
17. Any big disasters?: Hm. There's the cufflinks i gace Scott got stolen when the jeewler sent them out to be engraved and he didn't get them till the morning of the wedding. Then there's the dress debacle (see below).
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?: Key west, Fl.
19. How long were you gone? 5 days
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I would have worn a dress with sleeves or a wrap. And went with the firt photographer we interviewed.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?: I sleep on the left side (when looking from the foot of the bed)
22. What size is your bed?: Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple?: We agree on all the big stuff and always make up before bed when we fight.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple?: Getting alone time together. And Agreeing on money stuff.
25. Who literally pays the bills?: I write most of the checks, but we have automatic bill pay with the bank, so i only have to write checks to the church and school. .
26. What is your song? "This Magic Moment" by the Drifters
27. What did you dance your first dance to?: Our song - see above
28. Describe your wedding dress: I wore a white floor length gown with a princess waist, sweetheart neck and 3 spaghetti straps on each shoulder. The skirt was a lot of crinoline, like a long ballet skirt. The bodice was covered in sequins and pearls that faded onto the skirt. As I type this it sounds tacky, but it was very nice and reminded me of a snowflake. Aimee can vouch for me that it wasn't as gross as it sounds. The first dress I deposited on was ivory satin with a fitted, boned bodice which had tulips embroidered on it and a chapel length train. It would have had cap sleeves and I would have worn gloves. If the bridal shop hadn't closed in the middle of the night without ever having ordered my dress and simply stealing my $650 deposit. No. I am not kidding. This deserves a post of its own someday also. The dress I wore was bought off the rack in a boutique in the mall 4 weeks befre my wedding. And I was lucky. The woman who owned that shop really screwed over a bunch of girls on the day of or the day before their weddings.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?: The bridesmaids and i all had white tulips and the guys all had white rose bouttonieres.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say? no, for we are lame...
If this meme speaks to you, go ahead and share, just link back in the combox so we can read it.