Monday, February 12, 2007

Housework? I don't do no stinking housework!

I saw this on Aimee's blog and thought it would be fun, if slightly embarrassing because I really hate housework. And totallly avoid it. Welcome to my mess...

Presenting: The A-B-C's of Homemaking -How I don't do it

Aprons- Y/N? No, but it would come in handy to have one. Especailly when my DH insists I actually fry the french fries instead of bake them.

Baking- Favorite thing to bake? Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I got me Paula Deen's "Just Desserts" cookbook and the earthquake cake was out of this world and so very easy. I'm looking forward to trying more of her recipes

Clothesline- Y/N? No. I'm severely allergic to pollen.

Donuts- Ever made them? No. But I'd like to try Aimee's dad's.

Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday? Does wipe off the kitchen counters count? Thats'a botu all i can muster.

Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer? No, but I totally want one-our freezer is way too small to store everything I want to stock up on when it goes on sale.

Garbage Disposal- Y/N? No :( Hey. I just got a dishwasher last year.

Handbook- Y/N? No. I was on the FlyLady listserve for a while, but i had to stop because i couldn't keep up with all that email!

Ironing- Love it or hate it? I don't go looking for chances to iron, but if I have to, I don't mind.

Junk Drawer- Where is it? In the kitchen. and in the secretary. And i think you could consider our back porch one large junk space.

Kitchen- Design and decorating? HA! It's lovely brown from the '70's with holes in the walls and ceilings from when we had some plumbing work done. 18 months ago!!!!

Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking? I love baking. And painting walls.

Mop- Y/N? When we have company coming. Oh, I'm so gross!!!!

Nylons- Wash by hand or in the washer? Washer. Unless I need to wear them again tomorrow. Which I don't have to do very often.

Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check? Window. Alton brown says you can add 5 minutes of cooking timefor every time you open the oven. i can't wait that long.

Pizza- What do you put on yours? We usually do half plain, half pepperoni. DH and Primo love their pepperoni and hot sauce on theirs. and Bubba likes plain. Mom and I really like mushrooms, but since everyone else in our house refuses to eat the pizza if there were 'shrooms within striking distance of said pizza, we usually just eat plain, too. I make my pizza using store bought dough.

Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? I usually watch TV or get on the internet, but I should really read a book.

Recipe card box- Y/N? No. I have my recipes in my brain.

Style of house- We live in a duplex, with another house on the other side of the party wall (that I'm sure Hector and diana can hear me scream at the kids right through). We have painted everything but the kitchen in some pretty funky colors. We're still trying to figure out what to do with that awful kitchen (after 7 years in the house!).

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N? Tablecloth on Thanksgiving (usually a high quality paper one to soak up whatever gets spilled so I can throw it away. Paper napkins for us, except for Primo who insists on wiping his hands on his pants. He needs some paper clothes.

Under the kitchen sink- Pleading the 5th here.

Vacuum- How many times a week? We only have carpet in the Dining room, which should be vacuumed daily, but gets it only once a week.

Wash- How many loads do you do a week? Way too many.

X's- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? No, but I should.

Yard- Who does what? DH does everythiong outside of the house. I do inside. He helps inside though when we have company coming. And his other job is to make sure that the bathroom gets wiped down regularly so it doesn't smell like a public toilet. Hey man, I don't miss.

ZZZ's- What is your last homemaking task for the day? wipe up the kitchen counters.

If you want to share, consider yourself tagged.

No comments: