Monday, January 19, 2009

The feeding of 8 year old boys

Yesterday was Primo's 8th birthday and we had a few of his friends and our family over for a party. It was an Indiana Jones theme (He was Indy for Halloween), so naturally one must have Indiana Jones food. So remember back to "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" when Indy and Willie eat...eyeball soup and chilled monkey brains. Since these delicacies are hard to come by off of the Asian subcontinent, I had to improvise.

Here we have eyeball cupcakes:


And chilled monkey brain cupcakes.
Don't they look delicious?

Surprisingly, the boys were not as grossed out by the eyeballs as I thought they'd be and the eyeballs all went very quickly. I had a lot of the monkey brains left over, though. Maybe it's because they were full-sized cupcakes. I find that kids have an easier time eating the smaller ones. Maybe that's because they know to stop when they are full. People like me have to re-teach ourselves that. A fun time was had by all, but I was very happy that the party was only 3 hours long and everyone left a little bit early. I am also glad we all had today off so that we could recover!

1 comment:

Robynn's Ravings said...

Too cute! Saw you on PW. Reminds me of worms and dirt I made for my "little" boy when he was one. Very fun stuff.

If you could use a chuckle, drop by anytime. Today's post is Pastors and False Teeth. Blessings!