Thursday, November 13, 2008

You say it's your birthday...

well, it's my birthday too, yeah!

Today I turn 33. And I'm doing a lot of thinking about things. Where I'm supposed to be, stuff like that. But I just want to share this with you: I told my kids on Sunday that my birthday was going to be on Thursday. Bub was brushing his teeth, Scott was standing next to him in the bathroom. Bub says (He's fit to burst), "We have to get Mom a present, but I don't know what to get her!!!!!!" He asked me, "Mom, what do you want for your birthday?" I told him, "I want 15 Bubba kisses and 15 Primo kisses and 15 Curly Sue kisses." He started planting them on me right there as I was tucking him in on Sunday night. He stopped himself at 7, giggling, because it wasn't my birthday yet and he was already giving me my gift.

The three of them have been very excited about my birthday, even more than I have been. Bub was severely disappointed when he found out I wasn't having a birthday party. "But who's going to come over?" he asked. I think his thinking was, who else is going to give Mom presents?

But I think I already have the best gifts: Primo, Bub, and Curly Sue (oh yeah, and Scott, too ;) ).

I can't wait to collect those kisses!

7 comments:

MamaK said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! hope you had a have a great day... with extra hugs & kisses :)

T with Honey said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day enjoying your presents.

christine M said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy those presents!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Happy birthday! I hope the kids all triple their gifts to you!

Kate P said...

Happy Birthday, Amy!!!!! Hope you are being treated like a queen.

Donna Boucher said...

I hope you had a really great birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Amy Giglio said...

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much. It was a great day. scott took me out last night and we're on the way to get the kids from his parents'. Have an awesome Sunday!