Friday, April 15, 2011

7 quick takes: Damn, baby, what'd you do to your hair edition

1. I tried coloring my hair today. The developing creme didn't mix all the way in with the color. This means my hair is streaky, patchy, and the color of Strawberry Shortcake's IN SOME PLACES. I'm currently waiting for my hairdresser to call me back to see when she can fit me in to fix it. 2. Our Confirmation retreat is tomorrow. It is possible that I will be wearing a baseball cap during the retreat. 3. In confession this week, I confessed that I have been struggling with the same sin for the last month. The priest asked me to think about that the Lord is trying to show me about myself as regards this sin. 4. I have concluded that this sin is directly traceable to my trying to exercise my own will in a certain area of my life, and not God's. 5. It now occurs to me that this hair color faux pas may be one of the many ways God is trying to humble me further so I can more readily accept His will. 6. I really had better get on the stick with the accepting God's Will part. This being humbled part is humbling. 7. The most important lessons are the hardest ones to learn. Please visit the lovely Jennifer for more 7 Quick Takes.

3 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

hopping over from conversion diary ...

a hair coloring mishap is definitely humbling ... been there, done that (unfortunately).

hope it all works out!

Kate P said...

Ooh, sorry to hear about the hair--I hope it gets fixed pronto. And I'll keep you in my prayers about the humbling stuff.

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

Watch this or quit betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Sports Betting ROBOT