Sunday, September 03, 2006

we're home

La Bambina and I are home. She was 9 lbs, 13 oz when she was born on the 30th of August. The delivery went well and, oddly, I've had less pain than with my other 2 C-Sections. Well, with all of you praying for me, maybe that's not so odd ater all.

Bambina nurses well, and she's got her days and nights mixed up a bit. She's much more calm in the hustle and bustle of Casa Giglio than in the relative quiet of the hospital. She's in her co-sleeper bed right now and I think she might actually go to sleep!

Her brothers are really excited to have her home. The trick is going to be keeping them from loving her to death.

What was left of Ernesto rolled thru Jersey yesterday. I was still in the hospital and the power went out in our area because a transformer blew across the street from the hospital. The emergency power came on and very little changed due to the outage. I'm just glad I wasn't in the OR. That might have freaked me out a bit.

For obvious reasons, the blogging will be light. It is nice to be home!

No comments: