Saturday, December 10, 2005

I turned into a real dork...

...when I met Susan from Sesame Street in Target this afternoon.

I had passed her in the aisles, but then I wound up behind her in line. This is the replay:

Me: Excuse me, but you look just like Susan from Sesame Street.

Suasn looks at me,

Me: *gasp* (whispers) You are Susan from Sesame Street!

Susan: (very sweetly) Yes, but please keep it quiet. I'd like to get out of here.

m: Of course. Wow.

S: Oh, your face is all red (gives me a hug).

m: Thank you so much for all of your work.

s: (takes my hand) Oh, you're welcome. what's your name?

m: Amy.

S: It's nice to meet you, Amy. Merry Christmas.

m: Merry Christmas.

Susan leave the register, presumably gets into her car without another 30 year old woman making an idiot out of herself over her.

m: Mom, that was Susan from Sesame Street!

Mom: Your face is all red!

m: I know! and I'm crying!

I bend down to get Primo's jacket on him,

m: Do you know who that lady was?

P: Yeah. It was Susan from Sesame Street.

m: daddy's not going to believe me when I tell him.

P: He'll believe you 'cause I saw her too!

I can't believe I cried. It probably happens to her all the time. Grown woman makes a total fool out of herself because she's there. It's just because I grew up watching Sesame Street and now my kids watch it too. I'm still glowing. Susan hugged me!!!!

No comments: