Thursday, September 01, 2005

The kid had no sense of direction

Supposed to implant himself in my uterus, but stayed in my fallopian tube.

I had emergency surgery yesterday to remove the ectopic pregnancy. My tube had ruptured and I was bleeding into my abdomen. It was pretty painful, but I am doing much better now.

The folks at the parish have been great. One of the secretaries drove me to the doctor since I started to have pain while i was there. My DH met me there. They sent me to the hospital to have an ultrasound, then to the ER for blood tests and surgery prep. No one told us anything until they said I was going to the OR and I was like, "um, WHY???" I kind of knew it must be ectopic, but no one told me until the truly wonderful ER nurse broke the news. They arranged a priest to come see me for anointing and my DH prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet with me and I was very calm going in. The surgery took about 3 hours, maybe less and I felt sore, but much better after I woke up. I got to come home last night and everything.

Prayers for the little one we lost wopuld be appreciated. It is my firm hope that he is in heaven with Our Lord right now. When we come up for the name of this little guy (we'll pray about it together tonight), we'll post it. He joins his older brother and sister, Joseph and Mary, in Heaven.

Please also pray for the folks of Louisiana and Mississippi as they get through the next several weeks until recovery can begin. Watch the benefit concert on NBC tomorrow and donate to the Red Cross or to href= "http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/news/katrina.cfm/"> Catholic Charities for the hurricane recovery effort. It looks like Haiti there right now. Comment in Maureen's box to tell her how much you donated to Catholic charities. There's a contest between her and Der Tomissar to see who can raise more money.

No comments: