Thursday, November 17, 2005

Watched "Saving Private Ryan" again

It was the scene where Captain Miller and Private Ryan were talking about home before the big battle scene at the end.

I Turned to DH and said, "Can you imaging just sitting at home one day then the next day having to go off to a war and kill guys?"

"Yes, I can."

I sat dumbstruck for a few seconds. "That's sad."

"Well, I'm almost 30, so I don't think I'll really have to go, but I have thought about it."

I guess that's one difference (of many) between men and women. I have never thought about getting drafted because, being female, I would not get drafted. My husband had to register with Selective Service at age 18, so this is a reality for him and for every other man out there. Duh, Amy. Of course it's crossed his mind every time our country gets involved with some military action. Maybe even times when we haven't.

God bless those men and women serving our country and God bless their families that they left behind.

No comments: