Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So, Amy, where have you been?

Well, things have been a little crazy at the office. CCD-oh, sorry-Relgious Education started the week of September 16 and a new Confirmation Program that is going well (did I tell you I'm teaching most of these classes?). I've been working a lot of nights lately, meetings, RE classes, etc.

Did I mention that the house is under construction right now? My Dear Scott and our neighbor are converting our back porch into an all weather room that will serve as our dining room. They raised the ceiling, cut a pass through window in the wall between the porch and the kitchen, replaced windows, and installed a sliding glass door. Next, they have to remove an old door and board up the hole and an old window and board up that hole too. I hope that there is drywall up by Thanksgiving since I have hosted that event 6 out of the 7 years we've been married. After that room is looking all spiffy the kitchen will be looking awful so I think we'll be updating our '70's brown kitchen over the summer.

Oh yeah, and I've got 2 boys at 2 different schools getting out at two different times. And a little girl who likes to see me once in a while. And Scott likes me to watch the Yanks with him. So, the blogging has suffered. Better the blogging suffer than my marriage, eh?

So there it is right now. There's a lot of awesome stuff going on in the Church right now. New Archbishop of Baltimore who just seems to ROCK; World Youth Day is coming (wish I could go...); Pope Benedict seems to be in good health (viva il papa!). God bless us, every one!

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

OOO, the fun of several schools at once! I'm right there with you on that one.
Glad you are all OK, though--just busy....

Amy Giglio said...

Thanks Barb. It's just been really hectic!