Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Thinking about it...

wearing a chapel veil (mantilla) to Mass.

See, after the Second Vatican Council, no one actually said it was proper for a woman to participate in the Mass without her head covered. And I think it would help me to remember that this is different than what I do every day. Help me remember to be more reverent. I mean, we are talking about the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Jesus is HERE, remember?

Dilemma: I work for the parish where i worship. With about 600 kids in CCD, and since i serve as an extraordinary minister of Holy Communion, I am fairly recognizable. What I don't want is to cause people to think: "She must think she's holier than me" or"She must be holier than me" or "What is that thing on her head?" I don't want to be a distraction for anyone.

Thing is, here I can't be just "mom in the pew." And I don't want to go to Mass anywhere else. I'm going to ask a priest I trust, but what do you guys think?

No comments: