Monday, August 22, 2005

Totally missed everything WYD

No cable = no EWTN. Plumber replacing pipes in the house for 4 days = no time to read the papers.

World Youth Day in Denver was when I was in high school (maybe college. I don't remember). I thought it would be cool to go then. Now I realize that as I approach 30, I will be too old for the next one at a time in my life when I can appreciate it.

Is World youth day wasted on the young, to paraphrase? I don't think so. There are many kids out there who are more convicted than I was at their age, and maybe more than I am now. And even if some of them went for a cool tourist experience, maybe they will remember events later in their lives that will touch them in a certain way, bringing them back, or closer, as the case may be.

ugh. I sound like I'm 75! On to the email!!

No comments: