Friday, August 05, 2005

You asked for it.

Maureen reminded me that it's Friday now, so back to posting. This may be the only one today, but I think it's a good one.

Below, I posted about having gotten a letter from the Quixote Center. They are raising money to take out an ad in support of women's ordination. They are asking for donations and they will put your name on the ad (as if you are signing this open letter). In the post, I said maybe somebody should take out an ad saying, basically, "We the undersigned fully support the Roman Catholic Church in all of her Teachings."

Well, it's not letting go of me. I think this is a Divinely Inspired idea and I think we should do it. I am not going to be able to do it alone. I was hoping that maybe some good "Neo-Caths" ;) out there can help me make this a national campaign, similar to Catholic Answers' Catholic Voter Guide that went out in 2004. Wouldn't it be great to get enough people and money to put a full page ad in every major newspaper (or at least 1 of them?)?

Can you imagine the energy this could give our priests and bishops? The hope it could give to other Catholics who follow Church teaching and feel like they're the only ones? The Church in America and Europe is under attack from inside and out. This can be a tool for solidarity! Maybe there aren't more of us who believe in what the Church teaches than there are those who are "cafeteria Catholics." I'm sure that there are enough of us to surprise some people.

So, who's going to help me?

No comments: