Friday, April 07, 2006

Holy Week Meme

Barb tagged me. Here I go:

Lent is almost over and this Sunday is Palm Sunday already! I thought it would be fun to share what we do special to commemorate the Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord.

1. What do you do with your new blessed palm from Palm Sunday?
It goes into our bedroom.

2. What do you do with your old one from last year?
They just keep hanging around until they crumble into a million pieces. I thinkit's time to burn them and sprinkle them in the garden.

3. What do you do during Holy Week in preparation for Good Friday?
I'll be going to Holy Thursday Mass alone (I have to bring up the oil of the catechumens since I'm the parish DRE) be cause 5 and 2 year olds and an hour and a half Mass at 7 p.m. don't mix.

4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday?
We'll go to the service at 3:30.

5. When do you color Easter eggs?
Primo colored eggs at school today. We'll probably do the family egg coloring on Holy Saturday. Truthfully, we haven't decided yet.

6. When do you buy Easter candy?
My mother bought a ton of it from the school's Gertrude Hawk fundraiser, so all I bought were some pre-filled plastic ones for the kids to hunt on Easter morning. Since they wind up getting 4 Easter baskets (home, mom-mom, grandma and pop-pop, grandpop and me-me), I try hard not to buy candy at all. I thinkI may still have some candy from Halloween!

7. What is the first thing you plan to do Easter morning?
Try my best not to scream at the boys for waking us up at 5:30. I am not a morning person.

Tag! You're it!
Mark
Tommissar
Fra. Lawrence

No comments: