Sunday, April 09, 2006

Passion Sunday

I really don't like Passion Sunday. Not because church is crowded or because my sons use the palms for swords during Mass.

I don't like saying "Crucify Him!" I don't like to be reminded that because I sin, Jesus dies. That my guilt is why he's humiliated. That's probably part of why the assembly speaks the part of the crowd: to remind us that we are part of His Crucifixion.

But that's only half of the story isn't it? The story of our salvation continues through Holy Saturday to Easter Sunday: the Resurrection. Jesus conquered death. He is very much alive. He is still working in the world, using us and the stuff of His creation to save. we are an Easter people, going forth in joy because the story didn't end on Good Friday because it's still being written.

No comments: