Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Feast of St. Dominic

Today is the feast of St. Dominic, founder of the Order of Preachers.

I have been drawn to him lately and I've noticed some Dominican coincidences in my life since I considered joining the Third Order of Preachers (I have discerned that now is not the right time for that, but I do feel that some time in the future would be more appropriate). My husband's confirmation name is Dominic, our parish school is served by Dominican Sisters, I have a great admiration for several saints whom I didn't realize until recently were Dominicans: Thomas Aquinas, Catherine of Siena, Martin dePorres. Given that my line of work is Religious Education, the Dominican charism of preaching seems especially appropriate to me. I'm also praying for him to intercede for me in lining up some more catechists for CCD this year (we need 10 of them).

So offer a prayer for all Dominicans today on their founder's feast, espcially Fra. Lawrence Lew, my favorite Dominican novice.

No comments: