Thursday, June 08, 2006

David

I'm not sure how it happened, but last weekend I fell in love with my husband again. I have always loved him, but after 6 years of marriage, 2 kids, and jobs, the newlywed wonder of him had worn off.

I suppose it's cyclical, the "in Love" feelings you have for your spouse. You have them while courting, you have them when you're first married, then life happens and you start to see the brushstrokes on your Mona Lisa or the chisel marks on your David.

But there we were, on the couch, reading. I put down the newspaper, scrunched up to him, put my head on his chest, listened to his beating heart and then looked up at his face and remembered. This is the handsomest man in the world. That chin! That nose! He's so strong. He keeps me and our children so safe. Such powerful arms! Then he kissed me.

Ah, yes, he is a work of art given to me by God. He is beautiful.

No comments: