Friday, June 23, 2006

Showered with affection

It occurred to me this morning that I have nothing girly to bring this child home in when she's born about 10 weeks from now.

It then occurred to me that perhaps a family member would be planning a shower. When I asked my DH about it, he was pretty coy. See, the thing is that this is our third child and we have everything one really needs for a baby (except pink clothes, but I digress). Both my mother and my mother-in-law gave me showers for Primo and my mom gave me a shower for Bubba. At the Bubba shower, I really felt bad. I was having another boy and I really didn't NEED anything. I guess if they thought I was trolling for presents they wouldn't have come.

Now with La Bambina on the way, I feel even more guilty about the prospect of another shower. We have what we need for the child: crib, bassinette, pack n play, stroller(s), a rocking chair, etc. If anyone from our family wanted to just give us gifts when she was born, I would be grateful, but I don't know if a shower is the right thing. I truly don't want to seem ungrateful for a prospective party, gifts, or attention, but I am thinking about telling DH to tell whomever is planning one (if they are planning one) not to do it. What do you think?

No comments: