Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's been a long day

"Long Day" by Pino Giclees found at this site
So long, in fact, that I am having a hard time recalling 9:00 Mass.

After Mass, we went to the bakery, where we take the boys if they behave well during Mass. Then I had to go back tot he parish because one of our priests was running a teacher trainig for me from 12-5. Around 2:30, my DH shows up. My dad had called. My grandmother's health is failing. They don't expect her to make it through the week. Hse's been in a nursing home since last summer and she hasn't been doing well. She's been bedridden for quite a while. She's got almost every ailment you can think of including Cushing's disease and diabetes. She's 85.


We drove down to Philadelphia to see her and she looks terrible. We only stayed a few minutes because she was so tired. We took the boys so she would get to see them one last time. She's still pretty fiesty though. when she asked what we were going to name our unborn daughter, I told her what we're pretty siure she will be called. She said, "I don't like that name." :) She then proceeded to tell me that she thinks she should be named after me.

So we just got in from Philly and I'm ready to crash. Please start praying for good ol' Rita as she prepares to meet her Lord. Thanks so much.

No comments: